Friday 7 January 2011

Goals for 2011

So ive decided on my poker goals for the year and decided to outline them in this blog.

1) 200k online hands. In 08/09 i got well over 500k hands but now i switched to HU midway through '10 playing that many 2/3 tabling isn't as easy. I think 20k hands per month is a good number to aim for bearing in mind i intend to play a fair amount of live events.

2) 100k cash profit online. Does what it says on the tin, playing from 1/2- 5/10 i think this is achieveable as long as legislation issues don't affect the state of the games.

3) 10 hours live cash per week. Haven't played live cash yet this year since ive just moved back to London. I'll likely be playing a mix of £2/5/5-10 depending how things are going. I should probably check out the Palm Beach instead of just playing at the Vic to see what the games are like there. I'd hope to make in the region of $30k profit if i put in 520 hours.

4) 20 online Sunday MTT sessions. I intend to play a few majors and satelittes from now on sundays as they are decent value give you the chance to bink reasonably big.

5) play 3 EPT's, 4/5 WSOP events- for the love of god cash in something! Given how much money MTT's and expenses cost me last year i suppose ive got to be reasonably happy my roll is in decent shape and i made near 6fig profit last year. Hopefully a couple of cashes this year will help me have a more profitable year.

6) $200k net profit.

Hopefully by the end of the year i'll be in a position to buy my 1st house and still have a reasonable poker roll to play the games i do. If so i'll be extremely content with my lot.

2011 started pretty disasterously actually. I spent NYE in the toon at a house party with a few poker players and managed to lose my Iphone 4 which i just bought about 3 weeks ago WITHOUT insurance. Ive just bought a replacement costing me £550!

To follow that on NYD i dropped 3 bags playing 3/6 where i got owned pretty badly. Im now just about back to b/e for the year but im ahead of pace to play 20k hands this month.

I'll try and blog before EPT Deauville but we'll see.

gl all

JP

No comments: