Thursday 24 February 2011

Its a funny old game!

So since my last post things have gone well in a strange way. My downswing eclipsed at roughly $12k as i had a further -$5k day taking a shot at 10/20 FR as i got a seat in a game with an infamous Russian high stakes fish, donated yet another stack to him before losing another hand to a reg with TT vs AA AIPF which may have been marginal in a FR game as i don't really know what im doing.

This past week i've decided to not peek at my results $ wise. Since i play a spread of limits 1/2-10/20, i only look at my winnings in terms of BB's so im not effected by the $$$ swings and concentrating more on my play. In the past 5 days ive made around 20bi's which is pleasing although i suspect this is mostly 1/2 and 2/4 but i'm playing well and ive never been as confident in my game as i currently am. I won't peek till Monday and then only intend to look at my results weekly just in case something is going drastically wrong.

Last night i think i logged my best live cash session. I think i logged 9 hours for just over a £2.9k win which was pleasing. Live cash games at any level are just so soft, and people really level themselves and get FPS to easily so you can just hoover up alot of dead money playing solid.

Luckily, I've recently managed to get myself a live backer for MTT's which is cool. Basically a Russian investment fund well known on 2p2 and had action of the PCA winner and 2 EPT finalists, will be taking 40-60% of my action for future events over €1k. I've got alot linedup between now and Vegas, with GUKPT London, deepstack Luton, IPO, EPT San Remo and Spinks pointed out this http://www.millionparadisepoker.com/?page_id=6 which i cannot turn down as the place looks incredible. Just a little bink and i'll be delighted.....

Haven't managed to play any online MTT's really. I fired 4 bullets at the $216 6max and sold 50% of my action, i managed to get to the 3rd break with 4 stacks. Things didn't quite go my way in the mid stages and i didn't get 1 cash :(. I want to put a MTT session in sunday but me and my flatm8 are guna try and get tickets for the league cup final so i'll have to wait and see how that develops.

JP

No comments: