Tuesday 18 November 2008

WTF is going on???



So im now 26bi below expectation in 25k hands ($5.2k below equity). Thankfully im only down $2.4k for the month and im 90% confident ive played better than October and September.I dont want this to come across as "feel sorry for me blog" because i ran pretty well over the summer and still have a healthy roll online and offline but its safe to say I have a stronger grasp of variance now and i think alot of players across forums like 2+2/ems really still havent embraced or respect how thin the edges are in todays games and how small the margins are between winning/losing players esp when u consider regs in 6 max games are usually only slight winners 0.5pt/bb-3pt/bb. In the last couple fo days i have read two interesting posts in threads relating with variance which i thought were interesting:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/brian-townsend-other-internet-stars-344654/index3.html
Mr beeks post in this thread is the one im referring to.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/58/heads-up-nl/success-failure-downswing-mindset-280899/
The opening post in this thread gives alot of solid advice and has helped me keep in a relaxed mindframe.

So today i ended up down around $2.3k alone which i think is my worst day to date. I can honestly say I played ok apart from one hand here:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3469585.
I just thought his line was really weird but looking back i dont think this villan is capable of turning a made hand into a bluff on the river.

And to end this entry on a positive note i hereby introduce the 1 outer!
beat: obv against me
I had my reasons for flatting preflop and this is not a standard play by me.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3469678

Well i did manage to reach SN status and am now approaching 100k fpp's where im in limbo between instant gratification ($1.5k bonus for 100k fpp's) or saving for the 250k fpp $4k bonus. Im also planning on playing the £300 anniversary cup side event at DTD. I'll be selling action so if anyone wants to BAP give me a holla!

till then may the "run good" be with you.............

No comments: