Friday 2 April 2010

March Round-up



Well March was the month where i finally put together a solid month. My volume was slightly lame at only 40k hands, but i was in Italy nearly a week, coupled with been bone idle and not playing more than 7-8 tbls max i was unlikely to hit 50k hands. I made around $11.5k from online cash games +$2-$2.5k rakeback, £1k from live cash games and managed to bink donkament (image above) for $5k making it roughly a $20k month.

So on sunday i loaded up a few 6max MTT's, a few satelitte's for live events and the Sunday Million. Failed in most, final tabled UKIPT Nottingham satelitte and got my £££ back but ran terribly losing AQ to A7 for CL then eventually busting call a SB shove with K8 losing to K7. I did manage to chop the above MTT for $4.9k. I thought i played really well in the 33r 6max since towards the end of the tournament i wasn't really getting my own way. From the last 3 tbls onwards i lost a huge pot AQ vs AJ vs AJ allin 3way which would have made me a big CL. I was short-stacked for the last 2 tbls and this continued into the last 4 as the cl squeezed the advantage over the other players who were all equally short. I then won a flip JJ VS KQ and applied pressure 3 handed, knocking out the former CL with ATs which i 3bet pre and c/c an overbet jam on a T 8 7 board and held vs 75s. The guy blew up in the latter stages big time after having 1/2 the chips in play 5handed.

Decided to do a chop as chipstacks were nearly even and it was 5am, my opponent seemed ok although im certain i'll have had a decent edge over wot was a SNG grinder with 70+bb stacks. However, it was 5am and in tune with my laziness i just took the chop which was a fair deal for both parties.

On Wednesday i played sum £2/5 at the Vic for about £900 (Inc returns from a horse playing £1/2) Scooped my biggest ever pot around £2.1k with 89ss in a 3bet pot on a 7 T K A 4 3spade board where i backdoored the flush :P vs a set of Kings. Ez game

Going to try and get more volume in April, breaking the 50k barrier as i dont intend to play any live events this month. Started ok up $2k over my 1st 4k hands so hopefully i can put back to back solid months on the board.

Over and out

JP

1 comment:

Lucasj37 said...

Nice one M8 keep it up.